A utility company employee was electrocuted yesterday in Danville, Virginia while working from the bucket of a truck mounted aerial lift/bucket truck.
The man, Samuel Thompson, 63, had been called out to check a power outage in the area, while inspecting the power lines he received a shock that was strong enough to end his life. He had worked as a linesman for the company for more than 20 years.
Danville Utilities director Jason Grey said: “We are deeply saddened to lose a member of the Danville utilities family. This is a difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with Sam’s family, friends and co-workers.”