A man working with a subcontractor for Tampa Electric Company in Florida was electrocuted yesterday after touching a live overhead power line while working from a bucket truck.
The man was working for SPE Utility Contractors which was contracted to carry out maintenance work in the suburb of Seffner. He was working with a saw at a height of around nine meters when he inadvertently came into contact with the power line.
He was knocked unconscious and brought down by colleagues. He was then rushed to hospital where he was declared dead.
The scene after the fatally injured man was taken away