Deerfield Beach, Florida
Alex Ferradas, 38, owned a pressure cleaning company. He was with another employee when his cherry picker came in contact with a power line. That contact turned out to be deadly. Ferradas was electrocuted.
His co-worker quickly called 911, but Ferradas died on the scene. The name of his pressure cleaning company is TPEC Inc., according to Broward Sheriff’s Office Spokeswoman Keyla Concepcion
“What happened this afternoon was a very unfortunate incident,” Concepcion said. “Automatically, the current flowed through it, electrocuted him right on the spot.”
Florida Power & Light received the report just after 5 p.m. and some parts of Deerfield Beach around the area where the incident occurred on the 1200 block of South Powerline Road experienced power outages, said FPL Spokeswoman Sarah Marmion.
Marmion could not provide details of what led to the electrocution or what the man was doing. She did confirm the man was not an FPL employee.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the deceased. We have personnel on the scene and will work with local law enforcement agencies to find out what happened,” Marmion said in a prepared statement.
It was unclear how many customers had been affected because some lines were rerouted. About 5,000 customers are served by the affected line, Marmion said.
Category: Accident Report