Police have named two men who died after being electrocuted while working on streetlighting in the west of Scotland.
The accident took place on Wednesday morning on the outskirts of Kilmacolm, Inverclyde.
Ross Cockburn, 32, of Haigs Road, Johnstone, Renfrewshire, and Gary Moncrieff, 22, of Bruce Road, Paisley, were taken to Inverclyde Royal Hospital in Greenock, but died a short time later from their injuries.
Electricity supplies to part of the village were cut off as a result of the incident.
A spokesperson for Inverclyde Council said the two men had been working for a private contractor employed by the local authority to replace old streetlighting.
The accident happened as they removed an old light on Port Glasgow Road at about 1000 BST.
It is thought that the men were electrocuted when it hit an 11,000-volt overhead cable.
Three other men working in the area as part of the same crew were not injured.
Mr Moncrieff’s father was part of the team replacing street lights and witnessed the accident.
Strathclyde Police said Port Glasgow Road had been closed between Auchenbothie Gardens and Wateryetts Drive.
The Health and Safety Executive has launched an investigation into the incident.
A police spokesperson added that a report would be submitted to the procurator fiscal.