Crane Accidents

Crane Talk Discussion Forum

‘Electrocuted’ Archive

Page 3 of 2112345...1020...»»

Man Electrocuted After Crane Brings Down Electric Pole

05/16/13

Chennai, India A 58-year-old resident of Alandur died in a freak accident on Tuesday night. Police said a driver attached to metro rail construction  work going in his crane near the Alandur subway when it rammed an electricity pole. The pole fell and the area was plunged into darkness. Vinayagam, before whose house Read More

A Man Electricuted

03/28/13

Brisbane, Australia A man was reportedly thrown from the aerial lift he was using in Brisbane, Australia earlier today after touching overhead power lines and receiving an electric shock. The man, 25, employed by utility company Energex was apparently working on a pole replacement job and maintenance work on the Read More

Electricity Truck Crane Caught Fire

02/1/13

Charlotte, NC No one was hurt but thousands were without power after a power line struck a crane in the South Park area on Friday morning.                             The incident happened around 11 a.m. in the 1800 block of Carmel Road Read More

Worker Killed After Being Shocked at Neyland Drive Water Treatment Plant

01/2/13
Knoxville Tennessee Crane Worker Electrocuted

Knoxville, Tennessee A worker was killed in Knoxville on Monday after receiving a high-voltage electrical shock, according to Knoxville police. The incident took place around noon at the Kuwahee Wastewater Treatment Plant near Fort Loudon Lake on Neyland Drive, where a major plant construction project has been underway for several Read More

Maryland Farmer Injured in Power Line Accident

12/4/12

A Maryland farmer was hospitalised in Easton on Monday after sustaining electric shock during work at a grain silo on his farm on Harmony Road, Preston. A heavy section was being lifted by crane to the top of the silo when a cable contacted overhead power lines, the power grounded Read More

Miami Tree Trimmer Electrocuted Inside Bucket Truck

10/9/12

Miami, Florida A tree trimmer was electrocuted Monday in Miami while on the job. The worker died in the raised basket of a truck after he reportedly came into contact with power lines near a home in the 1500 block of Northwest 30th Avenue. Miami Fire Rescue had to wait Read More

Crane Operator Hits Power Lines in South Carolina

10/9/12

Greenville, South Carolina A death occurred after the boom of a large truck mounted lift was raised into the overhead power lines. The man operating the machine was electrocuted and both he and the machine caught fire. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.

Power Line Accident in Australia

10/4/12

Brisbane, Australia Two people have been rushed to hospital after a crane fell into power lines in Carina, in Brisbane’s east. The cherry picker fell into powerlines on Old Cleveland Rd around 12.35pm on Thursday. It is understood one person was trapped inside the bucket for some time with six Queensland Fire Read More

Two Men Electrocuted on Fort Myers Beach

09/7/12
Electrocution in Fort Myers

Fort Myers, Flordia Two people were electrocuted Friday afternoon in an incident involving a lift at a gated community on the south end of Fort Myers Beach. According to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, it was 30-year-old Dustin Manning and 37-year-old Juan Bocanegra who were on that lift. Bocanegra lived Read More

Fatal Tree Trimmer Accident in Fort Lauderdale, Flordia

08/21/12
Tree Trimmer Electrocution

Fort Lauderdale, Florida A veteran tree trimmer who was shocked Tuesday afternoon while trying to cut down a towering tree remained hospitalized, officials said. City officials said on Wednesday that previous information they received indicating that the unidentified worker had died was incorrect. The incident happened about 3:20 p.m. in Read More

Electrocution in Minnesota

07/15/12
electrocution

Willmar, Minnesota A 56-year-old Eagle Lake man is dead after being electrocuted while working on a boatlift at his home. The Kandiyohi County sheriff’s office says Brian Van Engen was moving his boatlift when it came into contact with an extension cord that had been rubbed bare. The cord had Read More

Page 3 of 2112345...1020...»»